Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bag of Taters

Go to your grocery store and pick up a 10 pound bag of potatoes.  Hold it in one hand and heft it up and down a few times.  Get a real good feel for it.

Now, strap it to your waist and carry it around with you all day?

You don't want to do that?

Well, I don't either. I don't think anyone in their right mind would.

Now, that 10 pound bag is what I've shed myself of in the past couple of weeks.  That's right, the scale has FINALLY started moving.  I went from dropping a pound every 2 weeks, to droping 1 to 2 pounds a day.

I am a realist.  I realize I'm not going to keep up this amazing poundage outage for very long, and it will probably screech to a halt very soon, but its still an amazing feeling to wake up, step on that scale, and have the number be smaller every day.

10 pounds.  Its amazing.

My gut hates me.  Right now it is growing at me, and I just ate lunch.  It is saying, "Is that ALL? C'mon woman I'm still hungry!"

Now, I've made HUGE steps in changing my diet, mostly in the past 2 weeks.

The next step is making changes in my lifestyle, namely in my exercise.

Right now the weather is PERFECT for getting outdoors and going for a walk.  Walking is good.

BUT, before too my longer its going to be hotter than Satan's Sauna out there and I would really like to have a treadmill before that  happens.

So, who wants to help me FUND MY FITNESS?  Keep eyes peeled to find out how you can help a fat chick out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope that you do well ... but I wonder if you have ever heard of Zoe Harcombe? If not, you might perhaps check her out. Her explanation of fat and how the body holds onto it and what makes the body release it is one of the most interesting things that I have read.
I wish you good luck! :)

mirletaliz said...

Congrats and good luck on the continued journey Nona! Just a random FYI--finding dvd's I like on Amazon and buying them used for cheap has really helped me. My favorite series is the "Dance Off The Inches"...they are fun, with fairly easy footwork/directions, and you don't have to be rhythm oriented to enjoy them or have them work...they *will* challenge you, but it will be worth it.

Post a Comment