Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Save "Heavy" on A&E!!!

Until the season ended, I was spending every Monday night watching a show called Heavy on A&E

Heavy was about morbidly obese people who went to a weight loss clinic to get help losing massive amounts of weight without surgery or drugs.  They also learned the tools and skills they would need to continue to lose weight once they left the clinic and went back home.

This show motivated and inspired me in a a way that no show ever has before.

I got on facebook today to find out from a former cast member that the show Heavy, which I LOVED, is being cancelled.  I visited the page they linked to and read the following:

Recently Lifetime television and A&E merged.... with that merger the company decided to cancel the show after one season. Heavy helps Morbidly obese individuals find healing, dignity and health through the mass media of television.

We are asking for A&E to reconsider this decision and ask for your help by liking and supporting this page! Spread the word!!!

So, I'm spreading the word as far as I can!

You can help by simply liking the facebook page Save A&Es Heavy, or by sending a nice e-mail to Ms Abbe Raven CEO of A&E Network. 'Abbe.Raven@aetn.com'

I sent an e-mail that read:



I recently learned that the show HEAVY is being canceled, and I think that is a mistake.

I am a morbidly obese person, I hit 235 pounds and I'm only 5'3. I started watching Heavy on its first episode, and never missed one until the end of t...he season. If I did miss it on TV I watched it the very next day on the website.

Heavy was a huge encouragement to me. By showing me people exactly like me, who lose their weight for real and personal reasons, and do it by learning how to eat better and exercise, I was re-motivated every Monday night to get my act together.

I joked with my family that I should audition for the show, but in reality I know I couldn't, but just "being there" via the episodes helped me loads, and I started losing weight on my own! I have dropped almost 20 pounds, and Heavy is LARGELY to thank for lighting a fire under me and keeping it lit.

I think losing Heavy would be too huge of a loss. It just leaves us with shows like The Biggest Loser which is totally different because losing weight for a "game show" is not the same thing as losing weight for yourself and just letting the world tag along.

Thank you for taking time to read my message and I do hope the cancellation of Heavy can be reconsidered.


You can help by simply liking the facebook page Save A&Es Heavy, or by sending a nice e-mail to Ms Abbe Raven CEO of A&E Network. 'Abbe.Raven@aetn.com'



0 comments:

Post a Comment