Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Today is the Day That Everything Changes

Two days ago we went to see the last Harry Potter movie.  As always the 3D movie gave me a horrible headache, which gave me horrible nausea, which had me kneeling over the toilet at some point between lunch and supper.

This gets kind of gross.......If you're of a queasy nature I suggest you not read any further.....

I had sicked up most of what I had eaten that day and was looking down at the mess thinking, "Jesus, don't I even CHEW!"

Despite the fact that the top of the water was coated in a sheen of oil from the fatty foods I had eaten (the movie theater popcorn probably didn't help much at all) it also looked like I had swallowed most of it whole.

I guess that is why you are encouraged against eating in front of the computer or the television.  Mindless eating.  I had bitten and gulped and payed very little thought towards mastication obviously.

I thought I was eating better, eating less, but the contents of my toilet, which had just been the content of my stomach, wasn't lying to me.

Something has to change, I thought to myself.

Later...today actually...my friend bought me a haircut, because my thick and heavy hair had broken two brushes recently and I was about to shave myself bald in frustration.

I got a cute cut, up to my chin.  I love short haircuts, they are just adorable.

I love it.

I would love it more if it didn't show off just how ROUND my face is.

So I was in front of my mirror brushing my cute new short hair, and hating myself for hating myself in a way that I coudln't even really enjoy these small things in life that should make me happy.

I mean, I love my new haircut (it was a drastic change, they cut off a LOT of hair to get it to my chin) but I hate my face.  Love/hate defines every aspect of my life.

And I started thinking again that some changes need to be made.  Some huge, major, drastic changes need to be made, because I dont want to keep hating everything about my life just because of the body I'm stuck in!

0 comments:

Post a Comment